Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Poop Room

If we ever get around to doing any remodeling, we have to create a room solely for the cats' litter boxes - far away from main living areas - which will be ventilated with state-of-the-art equipment and the entire room shall be tiled with a drain in the floor and a fire hose sprayer.

These old homes are lovely - the best, especially for charm and character - but they're not best for some modern uses. Such as the Jack & Jill bathroom that connects my office with my husband's. Where one of the litter boxes resides.

This morning I walked into my office and was smashed in the face by the heavy stink of a fresh cat turd. I mean, SUPER fresh. Hot off the poop line. There was no escaping it, but I have to work in here. All my stuff is in here. I can't just pick up and relocate every time a cat takes a stanky dump - I'd never get any work done.

So even though it's a cool 50° outside, I opened the windows & turned on the ceiling fans. If I could, I'd install a jet engine fan in the back of the litter box cabinet because why not share that with the neighbors? Why keep that all to ourselves? There's so much to go around.

No comments:

Post a Comment