Monday, March 5, 2012

Swimming Poops

I knew a cat that was trained to use the toilet. She would enthusiastically jump up onto the seat, do her business and then wait for you to flush for her. No more litter, no more scooping, no more stank.

This is a dream come true for cat owners - getting rid of all the litter boxes in the house and the mess they include. Except I remember that she expected a clean toilet bowl at all times, so I'm not sure what happened when her people had to be away all day. Or if someone forgot to leave the lid open... Whoops.

I fear, though, with three cats and only two toilets, we'd run into problems with this idea. First, the training - having one toilet out of commission during the training & transition, but later on there would still be problems.

When we get home from being away all day, the cats get up and greet us and one by one, they use their boxes while we're using the toilets. We would have a line for each toilet while we all waited for each other to do our business and then jump down. I don't think I'm ready for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment